- To produce graduates who are well trained intellectually, highly skilled and of high moral values to provide leadership in the country.
- To advance higher learning through its thrust of intellectual, moral and cultural excellence, animated by the virtue of diligence, love and service;
- To develop academic partnership and collaboration in teaching and research with universities worldwide so that the products of the university will be relevant in a globalized world;
- To encourage the advancement of all branches of learning
- and to hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed, sex or political conviction, an opportunity of acquiring higher education;
- To develop a top quality core faculty (academic staff) that is committed to true scholarship and is of world standard;
- To attract and retain well-qualified undergraduate and graduate students and prepare them for successful living and career in programmes· of distinction that combine academic excellence with Christian values and spiritual ethos;
- To undertake any other activities appropriate for a University of the highest standard.