The Student Affairs Unit caters for the general welfare of students. It is overseen by an Officer appointed by the Vice-Chancellor and is directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor. Students are therefore encouraged to relate closely with this unit.
The Dean of Students Affairs:
- Superintends over the management of Halls of Residence
- Advises students in planning their educational career
- Takes charge of the registration of students’ clubs
- Encourages students to participate in approved social activities
- Handles the issuance of identification cards
- Handles the mobilization for the NYSC
- Assists needy students in securing financial assistance either through scholarships or work programmes.
- Liaises with students, Hall Executives and Hall Representatives.
- Provides Guidance and Counselling