COLLEGE OF BASIC AND APPLIED SCIENCES
Welcome to the College of Basic and Applied Sciences (CBAS) of Rhema University, Nigeria, temporarily located at Aba, Abia State. The College was established in 2010 as one of the foundation Colleges of the University with Professor Comfort C. Monago as the Acting Dean of the College.
College of Basic and Applied Sciences is a service College to almost all the programmes in the University and offers degrees leading to a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc). The College is made up of three academic departments – Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences. Under Biological Sciences we offer Applied Biology and Microbiology; while Biochemistry, Pure Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry are offered under Chemical Sciences. In Physical Sciences we offer Computer Science. The programmes of the College are structured in such a way that they meet the National Universities Commission Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards.
College of Basic and Applied Sciences has graduated students since inception and the graduates of this great College have provided skilled manpower for industries and government establishments and continue to contribute to the development of the nation.
College of Basic and Applied Sciences prides on its excellent teaching experience and its development of distinguished global scientists. The College has many distinguished and highly respected lecturers in all cadres comprising of Professors, Senior Lecturers, etc. and non-teaching staff of high reputation. The laboratories are all well equipped.
Aims and Objectives
The set goals of the College of Basic and Applied Sciences of Rhema University, Nigeria include:
- To provide a sound understanding of the concept of Science (in relation to mankind and the environment),
- To provide students with a broad and balanced foundation of Science and practical skills,
- To develop in students the ability to apply knowledge and skills to solving theoretical and practical problems,
- To develop in students a range of transferable skills that are of value in employment,
- To provide students with knowledge and skills base from which they can proceed to further studies,
- To create in students the awareness of and enthusiasm for Science and its capabilities,
- To involve the students in an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and studying, and
- To assist in building national identity and integrity.